Sunday, June 18, 2006

Cool Pics!

When I get obsessed, I really get obsessed. Last weekend I spent Independence Day going around the metro looking for this particular digital camera: the Nikon Coolpix 5700. But I soon found out that the Philippines is Canon country. Well, Sony and Kodak too. So after several malls I saw only one 5700—in Market! Market! Unfortunately it was the display unit and the salesperson was honest enough to refuse selling it to me because it had already sustained some scratches.

I called Columbia, the official Nikon distributor in the country, and I found out that the 5700 is already being phased out. So I decided to go buy instead its cousin, the 8700. It isn’t being phased out, but I wouldn’t be surprised if soon it will be. It’s a line of cameras that Nikon calls pro-sumer cameras: they are squarely in between consumer-friendly click-and-shoot cameras and professional cameras. The 8700 is 8 megapixels, something which I don’t really need but I’d find a way to make use of eventually. I think the only major difference between the 5700 and the 8700 is the megapixel size; otherwise they look identical.

My old Coolpix 3200 will go to my sister. Meanwhile, I may get trigger-happy in the days to come. So for the viewers of The McVie Show on dial-up, my advance apologies: downloading pics may cause some delay in viewing the Show.

Here is a test shot:

Comments:
It's here! It's here! Bring it today! :D
 
Whee! Fellow Nikon fan! :)
 
congratulations on your new camera. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?