Friday, February 03, 2006

“I’m terribly vexed.”

I must have been out of my mind when I gave them my phone number, but now some people continue to send me jokes, inspirational sayings and other such nonsensical load-wasters via SMS. I don’t even bother reading them; just a glance at the first line and I delete. There are two or three people who send me messages every freaking (!) morning without fail. I don’t know why they continue sending even if I don’t react to any one of them. Are they extremely loaded? Does text messaging give their existence meaning? Just right now I received a message from [xxx]: I’m in Mindanao for a training. How r u? Have a gud nyt. [xxx] and I are not close; heck, I’ve not even seen him face-to-face. I resist replying: So? What do I care? I just press “delete.” Call them vex-text; call me text vexed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?